The organisers say that the aim of the awards is to give recognition to operators who are ‘pushing the boundaries’ of sustainability within beauty.
Ecovia Intelligence, formerly known as Organic Monitor, notes that the deadline for entries is 30 September, with the awards ceremony to be held on the evening of 6 November, alongside the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit European edition in Paris.
Entries are open to all organisations in the beauty industry, such as cosmetic brands, retailers & distributors, ingredient firms, packaging companies, NGOs, certification agencies, and related firms.
Five core categories
Awards for the event are spread across five categories, organisers explain. These are:
- Green Formulations Award – a cosmetic or personal care range with a high level of natural or organic ingredients.
- Sustainable Packaging - a new packaging format that has a low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
- Sustainable Ingredient – a material that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
- Sustainability Pioneer – an operator that is a pioneer or leader in some aspect of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership – an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability
In previous years, the Sustainable Beauty Awards has received over 100 entries from a diverse range of operators in the beauty industry, organisers note.
The 2016 winners and runner-ups included Weleda, L’Oreal, Boticario Group, Croda, Speick Naturkosmetik, TRI-K Industries, Human Nature, and Synthesis Organics.
“With sustainability now mainstream in the beauty industry, it has now become fashionable to make green claims,” Ecovia Intelligence says. “The Sustainable Beauty Awards looks to give recognition to those who are actually making a difference to communities, as well as the planet.”
Entries can be made here.