The list is comprised of 15 of the industry’s most innovative ingredients giving visitors a glimpse of what cosmetic formulation may hold in the future.
The Innovation Zone Best Ingredient Award honours the development of novel actives or functional ingredients that successfully combine scientific superiority, formulation benefits for manufacturers and efficacy for consumers when compared to other products currently available on the market.
It will be judged by a panel of experts including: Claudie Willemin, president, Société Française de Cosmétologie (SFC), Dr Shuliang Zhang, Clinical Site Leader, Unilever, Dr Prithwiraj Maitra, Center of Excellence Leader, Johnson & Johnson and Dr Angela Eppler, Senior R&D Scientist, Personal Care, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare.
The winner, along with two runners-up, will be announced during the in-cosmetics awards ceremony on 16 April from 6pm; the same time as the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 15 ingredients shortlisted are:
- BERKEM with Myrti’lla - a 100 per cent plant origin ingredient rich in polyphenols, which prevents redness, improves microcirculation and tones capillaries.
- BiotechMarine with Esculane - a natural marine-derived active ingredient designed to fight dandruff and is compliant with both Ecocert and China regulations.
- Croda Europe with Solaveil Sensation (Solaveil ST-100) – which has proven sensory performance due to a unique silane coating.
- Gattefossé with Lipocire A SG - which exclusively uses RSPO segregated palm and palm kernel oils and is the first texturing agent to be certified sustainable.
- Ichimaru Pharcos with MandarinClear - which delivers an innovative approach to impart skin with luminosity.
- Induchem with Neodermyl - a pure source of bio-renewable energy to reactivate collagens and elastin synthesis in skin.
- LABORATOIRES EXPANSCIENCE with Sweetone - a concentrate of active molecules derived from Schizandra berries which acts as an imperfection corrector, soothing and unifying active.
- Lipotec with JUVEFOXO - a peptide specially directed at decreasing senescence and increasing cell longevity and functionality through minimising the accumulation of DNA damage.
- Lucas Meyer Cosmetics with Elix-IR - which is the first botanical active ingredient designed to fight infrared-induced skin ageing and is a breakthrough concept in skin photoprotection and photo-ageing.
- Lucas Meyer Cosmetics with Phytenso - a natural hair straightener that can be used as an alternative to aggressive chemical relaxers.
- Mibelle Biochemistry with PhytoCellTec Symphytum – a stem cell extract from the comfrey plant produced in plant cell cultures.
- Schülke & Mayr with sensiva PA 30 - which combines the antimicrobial activity of two nature-identical fragrance ingredients that are active against spoilage-causing and odour-causing germs, with the boosting and skin care properties of a naturally-derived emollient.
- SILAB with APOLLUSKIN - a natural patented antipollution active ingredient, purified from dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) and able to protect the skin from environmental pollutants.
- Symrise with SymHair Force 1631 - a natural anti-hair loss active from a sustainable source of microalgae.
- Worlée Chemie with WorléeMicromer C70/61 & C70/63 - which are two film-forming polymers specially developed for use in water-based nail polish systems.