Describing the new digitally-based technologies as ‘the beauty of the future’, LOréal is showcasing its ‘Limitless Beauty’ concept across four dedicaded themes at this weeks Viva Technology Paris event: Limitless Tech, Limitless Personalisation, Limitless Creativity and Limitless Agility.
It offers L’Oréal’s vision of the future of beauty and client experience, showcased through the Group’s most recent tech innovations powered by voice, Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality.
“New technologies such as Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and voice, enable us to offer more and more personalised and sophisticated services to all, to produce in a more agile and sustainable way, to integrate our consumers into the creation process and to offer
them an experience accessible at any time, everywhere,” says Lubomira Rochet, Chief Digital Officer L’Oréal.
The tech on show is as follows:
- Virtual Hair Advisor, an experience created by ModiFace, its Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence company. The Virtual Hair Advisor will allow visitors to use voice command to virtually try-on different hair colours as well as get professional advice from L'Oréal Professionnel experts.
- SkinConsultAI by Vichy, a digital skin diagnostic co-developed with dermatologists to detectageing signs and offer personalised skincare advice. Created in partnership with ModiFace and L’Oréal R&I, this technology is based on 15 years of scientific research on skin ageing and Artificial Intelligence.
- Effaclar Spotscan by La Roche-Posay is a web app co-developed with dermatologists for analysing acne-prone skin. Based on Artificial Intelligence and scientific data, this service provides advice and personalised recommendations to remedy acne lesions, prevent them from getting worse and consult a dermatologist if needed.
- Shade Finder by Lancôme is an advanced technology based on Artificial Intelligence. Shade Finder is able to recommend a foundation shade ideally suited to meet consumer's needs, directly at the point of sale. This customised service is currently being deployed across the world, with over 1000 points of sale equipped between now and the end of 2019.
- My Little Factory, a technological innovation that will enable the production of customised foundations at a large scale in the future.
- A 360° immersion zone will allow visitors to discover beauty trends from all over the world, detected on social media thanks to Artificial Intelligence.
- 3D printing and customisation in the design of new Lancôme and Viktor&Rolf fragrances
- the new Giorgio Armani lipstick vending machine with integrated virtual shade testing by ModiFace.