Natural Products Scandinavia, which hosts the region’s biggest show for natural beauty products, and NOC Sweden, ran the competition to find out the ‘the who’s who in green beauty Scandinavia.
The results, which were made up of nominations and votes by natural and organic beauty industry professionals, culminated in an awards ceremony held in Malmo, Sweden, during the Natural Products Scandinavia event.
Emma Bergqvist of Tree brands comes top
The top spot went to Emma Bergqvist, founder of Tree of Brands, an industry veteran who is described as having one of the most well-known eco beauty profiles in the industry.
The awards were presented by Natural Beauty News editor Rosie Greenaway and Henrik Olténg, founder of NOC Sweden, which also handed out the second prize to Swedish skincare guru and founder of Skincity Maria Åkerberg; while Finnish author, blogger and influencer Katja Kokko came third.
Bergqvist spent a great deal of her career at Weleda in the Nordics, to then develop into an entrepreneur, teacher and speaker, championing the cause of green beauty throughout the region.
“I am very honoured and surprised. There are so many amazing people working in the green beauty industry that do an amazing job, so I think all of us deserve to be seen as number one!” said Bergqvist.
The top ten Scandinavian green beauty movers
- Emma Bergqvist – Tree of Brands
- Maria Åkerberg – Skincity
- Katja Kokko – blogger, author and influencer
- Hannah Sjöström – Naturligtsnygg
- Virpi Raipala-Cormier – Frantsila
- Linda Öhrström – organic beauty and makeup artist
- Anni Linnavirta – Naviter Oy
- Susanne Hovenäs – Hälsa beauty editor
- Johanna Bjurström – blogger and skin specialist
- Marina Engervik – Marina Miracle