The awards (more info here) attracted about 100 entries from companies working within the international beauty industry.
The judging panel was made up of a natural products retailer, an ingredients firm, a formulator, a research agency, an industry association, and a beauty media representative - our very own Simon Pitman, Senior Editor.
Finalists by category
The following are the finalists per award category (listed in alphabetical order)…
New Sustainable Product Finalists:
- Apivita Pindos Wild Herbs Body Care
- Aveda Feed My Lips™ Pure Nourish-Mint™ Lipstick
- Frescoryl Toothpaste in Tablet
- Hair O' Right Goji Berry Lucent Intensifier Serum
- Trash Hero Love Refillable Beauty Products
This award makes its debut this year; it is given to a new cosmetic or personal care product with important sustainability credentials.
Sustainable Ingredient Finalists:
- Advonex International Corporation with Entrada
- Ashland with Harmoniance™ Biofunctional
- Clariant Active Ingredients with Eosidin
- Sensient Cosmetic Technologies with Natpure® Xtra Grape OP40
- SEPPIC with EmoGreen
This award is given to a cosmetic ingredient that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
Sustainable Packaging Finalists:
- Boticario Group
- Hair O' Right International
- L'Oreal Source Essentielle
- REN Clean Skincare.
This award is given to a packaging format that has low environmental footprint, which could be in terms of production method, design and / or materials.
Sustainability Pioneer Finalists:
- Boticario Group,
- Hair O' Right International,
- Neal's Yard Remedies,
The sustainability pioneer award is given to an operator in the beauty industry that is a leader / pioneer in some aspect of sustainability.
Sustainability Leadership Finalists:
- Neal's Yard Remedies
This award is given to an organisation leading in various aspects of sustainability.
The operator is displaying overall leadership in sustainability and not mastering a few areas.
SCS Paris: awards revealed
The winner and runner-up in each award category will be announced at the Sustainable
Beauty Awards reception in Paris on 6th November.