Sustainable Beauty Awards: finalists announced
The awards (more info here) attracted about 100 entries from companies working within the international beauty industry.
The judging panel was made up of a natural products retailer, an ingredients firm, a formulator, a research agency, an industry association, and a beauty media representative - our very own Simon Pitman, Senior Editor.
Finalists by category
The following are the finalists per award category (listed in alphabetical order)…
New Sustainable Product Finalists:
- Apivita Pindos Wild Herbs Body Care
- Aveda Feed My Lips™ Pure Nourish-Mint™ Lipstick
- Frescoryl Toothpaste in Tablet
- Hair O' Right Goji Berry Lucent Intensifier Serum
- Trash Hero Love Refillable Beauty Products
This award makes its debut this year; it is given to a new cosmetic or personal care product with important sustainability credentials.
Sustainable Ingredient Finalists:
- Advonex International Corporation with Entrada
- Ashland with Harmoniance™ Biofunctional
- Clariant Active Ingredients with Eosidin
- Sensient Cosmetic Technologies with Natpure® Xtra Grape OP40
- SEPPIC with EmoGreen
This award is given to a cosmetic ingredient that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
Sustainable Packaging Finalists:
- Boticario Group
- Hair O' Right International
- L'Oreal Source Essentielle
- REN Clean Skincare.
This award is given to a packaging format that has low environmental footprint, which could be in terms of production method, design and / or materials.
Sustainability Pioneer Finalists:
- Boticario Group,
- Hair O' Right International,
- Neal's Yard Remedies,
The sustainability pioneer award is given to an operator in the beauty industry that is a leader / pioneer in some aspect of sustainability.
Sustainability Leadership Finalists:
- Neal's Yard Remedies
This award is given to an organisation leading in various aspects of sustainability.
The operator is displaying overall leadership in sustainability and not mastering a few areas.
SCS Paris: awards revealed
The winner and runner-up in each award category will be announced at the Sustainable
Beauty Awards reception in Paris on 6th November.
The reception will take place at the Paris Marriott Champs Elysées hotel, hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit.