The 9th International Conference on Skin Ageing and Challenges is set to be held on February 26-27, 2018 in Porto, Portugal.
Skin Challenges 2018 will be held under the patronage of the International Microbiota Society (IMS) and the International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition and Health (ISANH), the event organisers say.
“During Skin Challenges 2018, the Scientific Committee will allocate significant time to discuss the latest advances related to skin homeostasis and ageing,” they state.
“Our objective is to provide answers and to give a future vision and trends of how can the current research delay the side effects of ageing and skin ageing?
“The scientific committee will provide more time and space to present the recent innovations, biotechnology products and devices during the two days of conference.”
Aims of Skin Challenges 2018
The conference aims to place a focus on the key focus areas for skin ageing formulation. It aims to:
- Draft the state of the art in skin ageing
- Present the different mechanisms involved in homeostasis and skin aging but also to address the different tracks and pathways (signaling, transcription factors…) involved in this process
- Highlight the recent innovations in skin ageing and photoaging
- Presenting the new notion of exposome and skin aging
- What is the strategic role of skin olfactory receptors and smell?
- Discuss the role of microbiota and skin microbiota
“Skin Challenges 2018 will gather major actors in the ageing and skin-ageing area and will target researchers and academic professors, R&D departments, clinicians, pharmaceutical companies, food supplement companies, cosmetics companies, marketing departments, investors, startups and all other stakeholders in the skin ageing industry,” the organisers assert.
Further information is available here.