With the global fragrance market expected to reach $15.7 (€11.7) billion by 2017, natural ingredients are driving demand and creating more opportunities for innovation.
With this in mind and based on global research, Seven’s bi-annual 'Fragrance Trends Report' reveals that all of the emerging trends embrace a more earthy, autumnal edge which is perfectly suited to the new season.
"Fragrances will be sophisticated and sensual; drawing inspiration from traditional ingredients from around the world but in a very modern context,” explains Miri Scott, Fragrance Insight Manager for Seven Scent.
Three key fragrance trends:
- Oud: returning after a short absence, this note delivers a rich, musty, woody-nutty scent to create a sultry Middle Eastern backdrop to compositions.
- Rose: making an appearance for the fourth consecutive A/W season, rose is distinguished by its eternal femininity and used to add powdery, fruity or woody notes to a scent.
- Leather: evident in both masculine and feminine fragrances, a leather note brings smoothness, warmth and even an animalistic direction.
The report also unveils Seven’s own unique interpretation of these trends with three new concepts created around distinct fragrance stories - each tailored for either a male or female audience:
- Nomadic Winterland: a blend of rich, oriental, woody and spicy notes evokes a world of fairy tale fantasy and nomadic journeys.
- Illuminated Minerals: sheer, metallic, cool aldehydes and transparent florals create a youthful vibe and calming influence.
- Cubic Colour: celebrating the world of colour in a futuristic fusion of fruity florals and contrasting citrus and spicy notes.
Published twice a year, Seven’s Fragrance Trends report shares regular commercial insights and forecasts which are shaped by latest developments in the fine fragrance, fashion and design sectors.