With the winners set to be announced on October 21
“The aim of the awards is to give recognition to cosmetic and ingredient firms who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry,” says Organic Monitor in a statement to support the launch of the event.
The awards have been divided into five specific categories, which the company says reflects the most important aspects of sustainability in the industry:
- Green formulations – for manufacturers with high levels of natural/organic formulations
- Sustainability packaging – companies providing packaging solutions with low carbon footprint
- Sustainability ingredients – the best contributions to making cosmetic products greener
- Sustainability leadership – the business showing outstanding performance in this area
- Sustainability pioneer – the most outstanding and ground-breaking contribution to the category
Although there is no fee or specific criteria to enter the awards, the organizer does state that entries must be from companies that are making a clear contribution to sustainability issues, while the final date for those entries is September 20
Likewise, the more recent the initiative, the more likely the nomination will receive the attention of the judging panel, with Organic Monitor specifying that new product launches should ideally have been made within the last 24 months.
Finalists to be announced in Paris this October
The finalists will be selected by the panel of judges on Octobers 1
"We have launched the awards to put the spotlight on cosmetic companies making a significant difference in terms of sustainability in the beauty industry, as well as to inspire other operators to take the green route," said Amarjit Sahota, found and director of Organic Monitor.
For more information about the awards and to submit entries, please click here.