SGD launches glass bottle range for Cosmopack

By staff reporter

- Last updated on GMT

Related tags Bottle

SGD is launching a new range of glass bottles and jars for the cosmetics market at the Cosmopack exhibition in Bologna next month.

Created by the designer Valerie Bernard, SGD said the Goutte range of lightweight glass products offers “pure and human shapes”.

Responding to market needs

Available in 30 and 50 ml bottles and 15, 20 and 200 ml jars, the line also aims to meet three specific market needs, according to the glass manufacturer.

SGD said the large openings to the jars make use of the product easier, the necks are adapted to most pumps and caps and there are wide areas to decorate.

As well as the Goutte range, SGD will also be presenting its recently developed recycled and recyclable glass bottles at the Comsopack show on 2-5 April.

New "green bottle" range

Launched late last year, the Infinite Glass range is made of 100 per cent white household cullet.

In-house cullet is recycled from production loss, and according to SGD, it usually makes up about 30 per cent of glass perfume bottles while the remaining 70 per cent is usually made afresh from sand, sodium and fining agents.

SGD claims that its Infinite Glass range is therefore the first 100 per cent recycled glass product dedicated to the cosmetics and perfume industries.

Related topics Packaging & Design Packaging

Related news

Related product

Follow us


View more



Beauty 4.0 Podcast